Liposuction involves the removal of unwanted body fat to help achieve a more contoured look on a desired area of the body.
This procedure is effective in targeting common fatty areas on the body such as the abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, breast, neck, back, and upper arms.
In addition, this fat can be harvested and paired with additional procedures such as a facial fat transfer, breast enhancement or tummy tuck.
Body Areas Treated
Liposuction is commonly performed on these areas of the body where fat accumulates (click to enlarge images):
• Abdomen -
The vast majority of procedures involve the treatment of the stomach area. Liposuction breaks down unwanted layers of fat and is then extracted. Sagging skin and muscles leftover from the surgery may require a tummy tuck to trim it down and tighten it.
• Male Breasts (Gynecomastia) -
Often referred to as Man Boobs, this condition can be hereditary, hormonal or from obesity. This surgical process removes fat and curve restoration of the chest to give it a more masculine look.
• Hips and Thighs -
The accumulation of fat around these areas is an issue that women often seek out a solution for. This targeting of these areas can extend to the knees or pelvic area.
• Enlarged Buttocks -
Women are prone to this problem. Liposuction provides an effective solution for this area.
• Back -
Unwanted fat removal in the upper, mid-section or the lower back is performed here to restore contour and curved definition of this area.
Each plastic surgery practice has developed their own preferences as to which liposuction method is used. The various types of liposuction procedures commonly available are:
- Classic liposuction eliminates fats from areas like the lower abdomen, thighs, inner knees, arms and double chin through the use of different cannulas and aid of general anesthesia.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction integrates high pitched sound waves to soften deposits of fat for removal. Problematic areas like the neck, upper back, chin, cheeks, knees, calves and ankles are often treated.
- Power-Assisted Liposuction uses electricity and compressed air to provide rapid rotation movements to eliminate fat cells. Reports show that this procedure produces less patient trauma.
- SmartLipo incorporates the use of laser technology to liquefy fat where it is then drained away through a small cannula tube. Besides eliminating fat, the skin also tightens resulting in better body tone.
- Water Assisted Liposuction incorporates high pressure steam and saline solution to gently remove fat cells. It is quicker in treatment in comparison to classic liposuction and in recovery time.
A host of fundamental factors affect the costs of liposuction. Depending on the type of procedure performed, weight loss goals of the patient, areas of the body, time and other considerations such as operating room fee or anesthesiologist has to be factored in. It is challenging to estimate without a consultation. However, the average price of liposuction be anywhere from $1500 to $6000 depending on what is performed.
Spirit Lift currently has an amazing special promotion for those seriously considering this type of procedure.
Liposuction Recovery Time
When Liposuction is performed as a “stand-alone” procedure, recovery time may be as little as 3 to 5 days. Applied bandages are kept for 2 weeks or more to maintain pressure on the area to prevent bleeding and also to preserve the shape. A scheduled follow up to evaluation progress is strongly recommended.
The dedicated staff at Spirit Lift have generated excellent results in removing fat, tightening the skin and sculpting the body. Extensive information is available which describes the procedure of liposuction along with helpful before and after surgery tips.
If you are considering liposuction, contact our office and meet with our doctors and staff to discuss your aesthetic goals.